sustainability of aluminium
Assiduous Sustainable Solutions
Our advanced building systems revolve around aluminium as the core material. An ideal option, aluminium is known to be highly durable, low maintenance, lightweight, energy-efficient, and resistant to UV, and fire.
About 90% of all aluminium used in construction is recycled and consumes 95% less energy to manufacture than its primary production – with no deterioration in quality or standards. This ranks aluminium among the most environment-friendly and sustainable materials available, drastically improving the life cycle and bringing down production costs.
The range of products by AluK, through responsible sourcing and intelligent design, are ensured to meet and exceed our partners’ environmental needs. All aluminium systems can be supplied using 100% recycled aluminium, if required for a specific project.
Aluminium does not age like other organic materials and needs no protection from ultraviolet light. Its overall life-cycle is more environmentally friendly due to the minimum energy required in maintenance and the well-established, proven design life of aluminium assures that it will provide a long-term solution year on year with the guarantee of 100% recyclability at the end of a building’s life.
aluminium fact file
- Since 1888, over 700 million tonnes of aluminium has been recycled
- 90% of the aluminium used in the construction industry is recycled
- Over three quarters of aluminium produced is still in use
- Recycling aluminium from end-of-life products saves close to 80 million tonnes of greenhouse gas emissions per year
- Recycling the aluminium currently stored would equal 15 years’ primary output
- Recycling aluminium requires 95% less energy than primary production
- Since the inception of aluminium recycling, we have avoided over one billion tonnes of CO2 emissions